Gov. Evers’ Climate Change Task Force is holding public hearings this June and July. It’s our time to speak up and use our voice to participate in these hearings to share policy recommendations and climate change stories to ensure Wisconsin is a leader in fighting the climate crisis.
Virtual Public Hearings Schedule
- Tuesday, June 23, 6:00-8:00
- Saturday, June 27, 12:00-2:00
- Tuesday, July 7, 6:00-8:00
- Thursday, July 9, 6:00-8:00
- Wednesday, July 15, 6:00-8:00
The zoom link for the meetings can be found at the bottom of the Meetings & Hearings section of the Climate Change Task Force website.
How to participate in the public hearings
- Attend one of the virtual task force hearings and provide live comment (we will provide links to the meetings when they become available).
- Go to https://appengine.egov.com/apps/wi/climate/comments to make a comment to the Task Force.
- Connect with a Task Force member through email and/or phone.
What to Recommend
- 1000 Friends sent a letter to Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes with our top transportation recommendations for the Task Force. See the recommendations here. The three recommendations listed in the letter:
- Increase funding for Wisconsin’s public transit systems by at least $50M per year through the state budget to help meet current and future needs.
- Increase state funding for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) by $10 million/biennium.
- Facilitate an open marketplace that encourages EV purchases.
- Propose the permanent re-authorization of the Knowles-Nelson Stewardship Fund. Stewardship funding is only guaranteed until the end of this budget.