1000 Friends is working with our allies to organize a series of forums across the state to bring transit riders together.
It benefits all of us when people go to work, make and attend doctor’s appointments, and are able to go shopping and stir the local economy. All of these require one thing – transportation – to jobs, medical appointments, shopping, and other engagements.
Transportation is something many of us rarely think about (as we often use the same transportation means to get to the same places in our daily routine). Many are unable to drive, cannot afford to drive, or don’t want to drive. For these people, transportation is the biggest hurdle they must overcome.
1000 Friends is working with our allies to organize a series of forums across the state to bring transit riders together to hear their stories, issues they face and have a discussion on how we can all work together to ensure everyone has equal access to jobs and services.
Here is the list of forums taking place across Wisconsin (each will be between 1 and 2 hours):
- September 1 at 6:30 PM Appleton – Appleton Public Library, 225 N Oneida St
- September 14 at 8:30 AM Waukesha – Ascension Lutheran Church, 1415 Dopp St
- September 15 at 6:00 PM Milwaukee – Reformation Lutheran
Church, 3806 W. Lisbon Ave.
- September 15 at 1:00 PM Kenosha – Civil War Museum, 5400 1st Ave
- Milwaukee: Sept. 20 at 10:00 AM – Islamic Da’wa Center, 5125 N Teutonia Ave.
- September 20 at 5:00 PM Madison – Urban League, 222 S. Park Street
- West Bend: Sept. 21 at 12:00
noon, UW-Washington County,
Science Hall Room 228, 400
- Eau Claire: Sept. 22 at 7:00 PM,
UW-Eau Claire, Davies Center
- La Crosse: Oct. 5 at 6:00 PM ,
Southside Neighborhood Center,
1300 6th St. S.
Other Forums are being planned for:
- Green Bay
If you have questions or want to get more involved in putting on a forum in your community, contact us.