Gifts of Appreciated Stock
Support 1000 Friends of Wisconsin’s work by making a gift of stock.
A gift of appreciated securities provides significant benefits, including an immediate charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock and avoidance of capital gains taxes that would normally be due upon sale.
HOW TO GIVE STOCK:
- Instruct your broker to transfer shares to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin.
- Contact us at 608-259-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information about your gift.
- The proceeds from your gift will support 1000 Friends work.
1000 FRIENDS STOCK TRANSFER INFORMATION (PRINTABLE INSTRUCTIONS):
Broker: Wells Fargo Advisors
Account number: 5236-7927
Please note that transfers of stock can take several weeks to complete.
STOCK GIFT CONTACT:
1000 Friends of Wisconsin
P.O. Box #259704
Madison, WI 53725
- You receive credit and an immediate tax deduction for the fair market value of your stock gift on the date it was transferred to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin. (Consult your tax advisor regarding limitations on deductions for gifts of securities held for less than one year.)
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated stock.
- If you own stock that is now worth less than when you bought it, consult your tax advisor about the possible advantages of selling the stock yourself, donating the proceeds to 1000 Friends of Wisconsin, and claiming a capital loss on your tax return.