It’s time to think boldly about what Milwaukee should look like decades to come. The removal of 794 will be a resounding success for downtown.
Here are 7 reasons why 794 should come down:
- 794 wouldn’t be built today. People want to stay downtown.
- The current interstate is overbuilt and underutilized
- The ugly elevated highway needlessly divides downtown
- Removing interstate makes traffic simpler and safer
- Plenty of options exist for vehicles to get around city
- Removing 794 will help save and generate tax dollars
- This is generational opportunity to enhance Milwaukee